St Mary's Church of England Girls' School was founded on 14 September 1921 in West Perth. 98 pupils were present on the first day.We are seeking help to identify the patrons, staff and students pictured in the Foundation photograph. If you can help identify someone in this photo, please contact the School Archivist by email or on 9341 9113.
The students listed here were enrolled at St Mary's in 1921 and may be in this photograph. Almost all lived in the West Perth area and would have previously attended Mrs Blanche Gouly's Girls' Grammar School at Meerilinga on Hay Street or The Alexandra High School which was run by Miss Emily A M Hilfirty out of St Mary's West Perth Parish Hall. Find out more about the school's early years.
The adults in the photograph have been identified as follows:
(left to right) Mr James Cowan - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Unknown - Mr Ernest Lee-Steere - Mrs Edith Cowan - The Rev'd C L (Tom) Riley - Mrs Blanche Cockburn Gouly - Miss Emily Anna Maria Hilfirty - Unknown - Miss Beryl Hamilton - Unknown - Miss Able.