The Boarding House, Anne Symington House, is located in the centre of the school campus and is the hub of all things boarding.
St Mary’s prides itself on maintaining modern and contemporary facilities within Anne Symington House and is proud to accommodate all of its boarding facilities under one roof.
Facilities within Anne Symington House include:
- recently renovated dining room, outdoor courtyard and reception area
- wireless access on the ground floor,
- a suite of computers and iPads available for study, and
- a number of spacious common rooms with couches, flat screen televisions, board games and other activities.
There are six bedroom wings within the boarding house, each one accommodating girls from Years 7 to 12. Younger girls share a bedroom while girls in Year 12 have their own room. Bedrooms are bright and modern with:
- reverse cycle air conditioning
- indivdual study areas
- wireless internet connectivity
The girls enjoy spacious common rooms and large recreation areas, as well as access to a number of school facilities including the tennis and basketball courts, the 50m swimming pool and diving pool and wide open spaces within our 40 acre school campus, surrounded by unspoilt bush, and only seven minutes’ walk to the beach.
Boarders also have after-hours access to the library, IT centre, music and fitness centres.