House Dance Captains audition, cast, direct, choreograph and rehearse groups of students from Years 7 to 12 who are eager for the chance to perform. A range of dance styles are showcased for Interhouse Dance, including junior and senior troupes and ensembles.
Years 9 and 10
Cover a range of contemporary dance styles. Students will explore contemporary and modern, jazz and street styles. The course allows students the opportunity to learn challenging repertoire and create and present their own originally devised pieces.
Years 11 and 12
Dance is an ATAR subject. Students work predominantly in contemporary dance and are encouraged to work independently and with others to present dance works to a variety of audiences. The practical elements are underpinned by engaging theatrical concepts.
Students can extend their dance experience by auditioning for Interhouse Dance and the Senior or Junior Dance Company each year.
- Years 7 to 9: Junior Dance Company, Term 1 and 2
- Years 10 to 12: Senior Dance Company, Term 1 and 2
- Years 9 to 12: Dance Showcase, Term 2
- Years 7 to 9: Junior Interhouse Dance, Term 3
- Years 10 to 12: Senior Interhouse Dance, Term 1