How much must we pay to St Mary’s when our daughter starts?

Before commencing at St Mary’s, families are required to pay the first semester fees (A$17,860), endowment fee (a one-time payment of A$5,955) and health insurance (the insurance for the entire length of the visa must be made up front).

The second semester fees are payable in mid-July.

**Please note that all fees listed are current as at 2020, and are subject to change**

Do you offer any scholarships?

St Mary's offers a limited number of international music scholarships. Click here to find out more about them.

How is health cover arranged?

Health cover for international students is arranged through AHM and organised by the school. This is payable as a one-time fee for the entire length of the visa and is required upon acceptance of a place at St Mary’s.

What English testing and requirements are there?

If English is not your daughter's first language we will ask her to take a test with the Australian Education Assessment Services (AEAS). They may request that she complete an intensive English Language course before commencing at St Mary's. This is a compulsory requirement and we require that AEAS is used. St Mary’s is happy to consider a student who achieves an intermediate or higher score in the testing.

St Mary's can offer an English as an Additional Language course to those students, whose first language is not English, in Years 11 and 12.

When will you confirm my daughter’s place at St Mary’s?

Dependant on availability and after a family interview has been conducted, a place may be offered.

Documentation will be issued by St Mary’s to allow the family to apply for a student visa no more than four months in advance of commencement at the School.

Is my daughter required to live in the boarding house?

International students must reside in the boarding house, unless they are living with their immediate family members. 

The School's International Student Co-ordinator works with the International Student Group on a range of activities including the organisation of the annual Harmony Week, a Multicultural Food Fair and a Multicultural Assembly. There are also opportunities for St Mary's international students to meet with international students from other Perth schools.

The Australian Government wants overseas students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia's laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework can be viewed here.

When does your school year begin?

The school year in Australia begins at the end of January/beginning of February. International students are required to begin the school year at this time, and the School will determine which year level is most appropriate for them.

You can view our term dates here.

Where does my daughter go during the holiday and mid-term break times?

Students need to return home for the holiday/breaks or reside with a Principal-approved local carer over the age of 30.

What is the academic reputation of St Mary’s?

We are regularly ranked in the top five schools in Western Australia.

In 2019:

  • 11 students achieved an ATAR of 99.0 or above (7% of the cohort). These students were placed in the top 1% of all students in Western Australia to achieve an ATAR.
  • The median ATAR was 91.15, compared to the state median of 81.
  • 53% of students achieved ATARS in the top 10% of  the state.
  • 21 Certificates of Excellence for students in the top 0.5% of the state in WACE Subject examinations. Including 1 VET Certificate of Excellence.
  • 50 Certificates of Distinction.
  • 46 Certificates of Merit.
  • 137 students achieved an ATAR; 24 followed a General pathway.
  • 100% of students achieved secondary graduation.

How many international students are there?

In 2020 St Mary’s has 12 international students who come from a variety of countries, including Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Hong Kong and China.

Where is your school located?

St Mary's is located in the northern suburb of Karrinyup, just 13 kilometres from Perth city.

How do I enrol my daughter?

To enrol your daughter at St Mary's please complete our Application for Enrolment Form using the ENROL NOW button below. Please note there will be an application fee (AUD$120). Please also include a copy of your daughter's latest school report, passport and, if applicable, visa details.