St Mary's is an approved school to accept Full Fee Paying Overseas Students. The School encourages the enrolment of overseas students as they enrich our culture and bring a greater understanding and appreciation of other communities’ lives and values. Each year we welcome girls from countries all over the world, including Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and Thailand.

Students are allocated places via the standard, non-discriminatory enrolment procedure. The maximum number of international students that St Mary’s can have enrolled at any one time is specified by the Department of Education. Pre-enrolment information, including the rights and responsibilities of both parties, is outlined in the International Students Brochure, Fees and Charges and Enrolment Application.

Although the academic progress of all students at St Mary’s is carefully monitored, the School provides additional mentoring and support for international students through the International Student Co-ordinator and the Boarding Academic Support Teacher. Each meet regularly with the international student to ensure that the student is satisfying the course requirements.

Unless they stay with a parent in Perth, international students are required to reside in the School’s boarding house, Anne Symington House. This ensures that the appropriate accommodation, care and support are available whilst the international students are away from their family homes. The Head of Boarding, her staff, and the School's pastoral care staff care for your daughter whilst she is at School. Additional mentoring and support for international students are provided by the School’s counsellors and the International Student Co-ordinator.

It is the International Student Co-ordinator who is the key contact person for every international student. Following the orientation programme, the Co-ordinator will help the students settle into the boarding house and ensure that their transition into the St Mary's community is as smooth as possible. The Co-ordinator works with the international students on a range of activities and provides opportunities for them to meet with international students from other Perth schools.

All international students are to have a family-appointed local carer. The School will take responsibility for the care and well-being of the international student once she has been signed in to the boarding house by the local carer, and the School will relinquish responsibility when the local carer signs the student out at the end of the academic term or for approved weekend leave.

The Australian Government wants overseas students in Australia to have a safe, enjoyable and rewarding place to study. Australia's laws promote quality education and consumer protection for overseas students. These laws are known as the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) framework. Links to ESOS and other government services are provided below.


If English is not your daughter's first language we will ask her to take a test with the Australian Education Assessment Services. We may also request that she complete an intensive English Language course before commencing at St Mary's.

St Mary's offers an English as an Additional Language course to those students whose first language is not English, in Years 11 and 12.

Enrolling Your Daughter

To enrol your daughter at St Mary's please complete our Application for Enrolment Form using the ENROL NOW button below. Please note there will be an application fee (AUD$120). Please also include a copy of your daughter's latest school report, passport and, if applicable, visa details.




Learning English

Overseas Student Ombudsman

Other Government Services