The Peter Arney Centre for Early Learning at St Mary’s aims to provide a dynamic and caring environment for young girls. Through the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), we believe that building upon children’s experiences and prior knowledge provides the best foundation for learning in early childhood.
That all children experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life. The Peter Arney Centre offers innovative early learning programmes for Kindergarten and Pre-primary.
Learning experiences are:
- Social, emotional and physical experiences
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of well-being
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Years 1 and 2
Girls will experience education that incorporates structured learning alongside explorative play. Classroom programmes are based on the Western Australian Curriculum.
Learning beyond the classroom connects the girls with nature.