Caring for Children
This subject provides an introduction to the world of children and their day to day needs. Students briefly study the areas of
- Child development
- Effective interaction with children
- Current family and health issues
Students will make items for young children, have interaction with babies and toddlers, and prepare suitable food items for children.
Years 11 and 12
Children, Family and the Community
The General level of this course is offered to students. Satisfactory completion of this course contributes to graduation requirements but does not contribute to a tertiary entrance score.
The content of this course focuses on four main areas
- Exploring Human Development
- Applying the Technology Process to meet Human Needs
- Self- Management and Interpersonal skills
- Society and Support Systems
Examination of developmental theories will extend students' understandings of human growth and development. Students will also examine support services available.