2020 Women of Distinction Awards Announced!
The 2020 Award winners were announced at the Centenary Dinner on Saturday 20 February 2021. The three categories of Awards (Career, Community and Young Woman of Distinction for the under 30) attracted entries of an exceptional calibre. Congratulations to the winners and finalists:
- Jemma Collova ('10) in recognition of her distinguished academic achievements and career in science as well as her commitment to mentoring other young women.
- Hannah Jago ('07)
- Stella Shipway ('10)
- Denise Lane (Marshall '79) in recognition of her extensive volunteer work and exceptional service to St John’s Ambulance and her community.
- Lynette Baker (Price '74)
- Carolyn Baird (Burt '86)
- Jenny Shaw ('76) in recognition of her outstanding success and prominence in fisheries and marine science. Her work in areas of applied research, academia and policy and management has gained international attention.
- Lybbie Hillman (Manning '65)
- Sophie Spartalis ('93)
- Madge Thomas (Mukund '01)
You can read more about the achievements of our winners, finalists and nominees by clicking on the category name.
Congratulations and well done to our amazing and selfless Old Girls! We are extremely proud of all of our winners, finalists and nominees. You are all an inspiration to our St Mary's community!
The Women of Distinction Awards will be held again in 2025 - applications will open closer to the time.