Do You Know a Remarkable Old Girl?
The St Mary’s Old Girls’ Association Women of Distinction Awards recognise and celebrate the exceptional achievements and contributions of former students to their profession and community.
The Awards were established by the Old Girls’ Association as part of the OGA’s 85th Anniversary Celebrations in 2010 and are awarded on a 5 yearly basis. The Award winners will be announced at the Old Girls' Day in 2020.
The Awards are part of the OGA’s Women of Distinction (WoD) programme, which also includes an ongoing series of networking and social events. The aim of the programme is to foster opportunities for St Mary’s Old Girls to develop meaningful learning and career networks and encourage a life-time approach to excellence and contribution to society.
The OGA believe the WoD programme will motivate and inspire future generations of young women to strive for excellence, become role models and make positive contributions to their community.
There are three categories of Awards for 2020
- Woman of Distinction - Career
- Woman of Distinction - Community
- Young Woman of Distinction (18 -30 years)
Nominees for the Women of Distinction Awards should be
- a former student of St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School or St Mary’s Church of England Girls’ School who has
- graduated from, or completed their schooling, at either school, and is
- a member of the Old Girls’ Association
Nominations for the 2020 Women of Distinction Awards must
- be submitted using the 2020 Women of Distinction Nomination Form;
- address the 2020 Women of Distinction Selection Criteria, as outlined for each Award;
- be submitted by Friday 3 January 2020.
You can read about the 2015 winners, finalists and nominees here. For further information please contact the OGA or to download the WoD Application Information and Form please click here.