Do You Know a Remarkable Old Girl?
The St Mary’s Old Girls’ Association Women of Distinction Awards recognise and celebrate the exceptional achievements and contributions of former students to their profession and community.
The Awards were established by the Old Girls’ Association as part of the OGA’s 85th Anniversary Celebrations in 2010 and are awarded on a 5 yearly basis. The 2020 Awards were announced at the Centenary Dinner in February 2021. To find out who won please click here. Applications for the 2025 Awards will open closer to the time.
The Awards are part of the OGA’s Women of Distinction (WoD) program, which also includes an ongoing series of networking and social events. The aim of the program is to foster opportunities for St Mary’s Old Girls to develop meaningful learning and career networks and encourage a life-time approach to excellence and contribution to society.
The OGA believe the WoD program will motivate and inspire future generations of young women to strive for excellence, become role models and make positive contributions to their community.
There are three categories of Awards
- Woman of Distinction - Career
- Woman of Distinction - Community
- Young Woman of Distinction (18 -30 years)
Nominees for the Women of Distinction Awards should be
- a former student of St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School or St Mary’s Church of England Girls’ School who has
- graduated from, or completed their schooling, at either school, and is
- a member of the Old Girls’ Association