The Parents' Society provides a forum for interested parents to hear first-hand about what is happening throughout the School and also allocates Parents' Society funds.
The Parents' Society vision is to:
- provide support for and promote the welfare of St Mary's Anglican Girls' School
- help to improve facilities at the School, in partnership with the Principal and key staff
- provide a partnership between the School and the school community through the allocation of funding for equipment and infrastructure and offering social and informative events.
What we do
All parents are welcome to attend the Parents' Society meetings, which are held monthly during the school terms in the Seminar Room in the Senior School Administration Building at 7.30pm. Details of our meetings and associated events can be found on the calendar. Each meeting is attended by the Principal, the Head of the Junior School and members of the Parents' Society, as well as representatives from the Board of Governors, Foundation, St Mary's Auxiliary, Old Girls' Association and the boarding house.
Each year, the Parents' Society organises a variety of events including an annual Sundowner in February to welcome all families to the new school year, a Careers Expo in conjunction with Hale School, guest speakers and the Year 12 Lette Lunch.
The Parents' Society funds various projects around the School, which in the past have included:
- guest speaker and workshop events for students and parents
- a drone for use around the school
- shade sails around the swimming pool
- outdoor furniture, books and artwork for the boarding house
- telescopes for the outdoor education department
- programing and coding equipment for the Junior School
The Parents' Society also runs a annual School Fee Raffle for the chance for a family to win the equivalent of an annual Year 12 day girl's fees
Become involved in the Parents' Society
For further information, please contact the President of the Parents' Society, Mrs Elizabeth Price.